Feature removal from mysql following Oracle takeover?

I am using MySql 5.5.20 (select @@version). There does not appear to be any difference between explain and explain extended in this version. See here for the expected output from extended. I don't know if this is a feature removal that happened after Oracle took over. They seem to be pushing people to buy the enterprise tools. Not an option for some (me included) as I am using Google's Cloud SQL service. I don't think it allows this type of monitoring and even if it did it is unlikely that I have access to the knobs to turn to make good on its recommendations.
My experience of enterprise monitoring is limited as I mainly do dev, not admin. I am usually not around when the dust settles and people start to worry about stuff like monitoring.

I was at a mysql talk given my Oracle last year in Dublin. It was an impressive morning spent explaining the things they had improved in mysql since the purchase. They did not mention removing any handy admin features which might push someone to buy Enterprise Manager, but it would not surprise me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a choropleth map for Irish agricultural data

Early Stopping with Keras

AutoCompleteTextView backed with data from SQLite in Android