Using R to analyse data from the Central Statistics Office in Ireland

I started a Coursera course this week called Getting and cleaning data. I was looking at some data from the CSO and realised that I needed to clean it up. The course is good, but quite difficult. It assumes you have not forgotten everything you learned in the previous course, R Programming. 
 
Mid way through week 2 (I am playing a bit of catchup) I stumbled across this package

http://pxr.r-forge.r-project.org/

px is the format that the CSO releases its 'raw' data in. This package puts that into a data frame which is more amenable to analysis. I reckon there has to be something lurking within the CSO dataset which is one of my main motivations for getting up to speed on R. 

Nothing to declare yet, but hopefully I will find something interesting soon :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a choropleth map for Irish agricultural data

Early Stopping with Keras

AutoCompleteTextView backed with data from SQLite in Android