Getting yourself a 'bash prompt here' for cygwin

When I am setting up a new windows PC one of the first things I do is to set up a 'command prompt here' shortcut on my context menu in windows explorer. This is fairly straightforward and there are a number of ways to do it. The one at the link given above is pretty fool proof.
I do however use cygwin for most of my day to day command line needs. Getting to a specific directory in cygwin is a bit trickier than getting to C:\...
This link describes the simplest way to get this job done for Cygwin.
Note that this is just for Cygwin. If you are using another flavour of bash for example you will need to dig that answer out too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a choropleth map for Irish agricultural data

Early Stopping with Keras

AutoCompleteTextView backed with data from SQLite in Android