The ironing computer

A computer that irons clothes? I wish. No, just one that times your efforts to remove the creases from your shirts on a weekly basis.
I mentioned that I had had a go at MIDlet programming on an earlier phone. The Ironing Computer was it. It was a good way to impress my son. Or maybe that was disgust. But anyway, no harm in starting off with something stupid (and indeed easy) as the first go at an app for my HTC Desire.
The idea is that the app allows you to click when you start a shirt and times the effort. If you iron 5 at a go (me most weeks) then at the end of the bout of pressing you can see what your times are like. I know this is sad, but sometimes being a nerd does not mean doing useful and clever stuff for NASA. Sometimes it is just stuff that nobody else is interested in.
The MIDlet version was brutal, so I should be able to do a bit better on Android.

Application layout
It's going to have a welcome screen which will contain the menu buttons. Start ironing and view results. Along with stuff like exit.
Once you start ironing the timer will display along with a couple of buttons: new shirt and finished. Clicking finished brings you to your results screen. This will just display your shirt times for this ironing session initially, but could be extended if I have not gotten bored by then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a choropleth map for Irish agricultural data

Early Stopping with Keras

AutoCompleteTextView backed with data from SQLite in Android